I should write here more. I was just reading through my old posts, marveling at them; they instantly bring me back to wherever I was at the time I wrote them.

I am well now, though a bit worried about writing my thesis. I must use it as a learning experience: I feel about this like my students must feel about their work. I can work on my empathy.

Much is going on here in the dead of winter. Patricia and I are well, along with Dulcinea and Bell. We holidayed in San Diego, where it was warm and lovely. We stayed in a Super 8 overlooking a valley filled with palms and roads and hotels. We hung out with Patty;s madre and played endless rounds of Shanghai, and I took very long walks.

I had a profound moment at a little donut shop, watching it rain. It's funny where we break through a touch the magic, isn't it?

I have also, at Patricia's behest, started meditating. Every night, I put on the thunderstorm CD she bought me, and will my mind to stob yammering at itself. I think I'm getting better.

When is the last time anyone's been on this thing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovely Jewels in Joy Designed

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016