Reasons I am hopeful:

Stephen Colbert. Did you see him go right at the President? He may be our Edward Murrow, and is sure one ballsey SOB.

Neil Young. Living With War rocks! I've not been so moved politically since the demise of Rage Against the Machine.

Patricia Ornett. I am so glad that I know her - she is unrelenting in her commitment to decency and ending human suffering. I love her so much.

Keith Olbermann. He's managed, almost single-handedly, to liiuminate the illogical bufoonery at FOX news - and discredit them even more than they do themselves. He said, "Their motto: FOX not Facts."

My students. NW Indiana is not exactly a hotbed of independent thinking, but they are already able to see past all the greed and racism that surround most issues confronting them.

Is it just me, or is the tide turning?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes! The tide is turning, the deep undercurrents of desire are surfacing in humanity for the truth which is exposing and cutting through the lies that people will tell and stand behind to do what they think they need to for them and "their kind" to survive. If everyone only knew how closly knit a family we are! We are one and those who know that need to keep finding that note again and again and never ever give up. I love you too Daniel Robin Brugioni for your very being and the song and the story that has poured forth from it. I am so glad to have you as a true soulmate and to get to look out at everything with you! Yay! You are a good reminder of what's real :) Peace and love to you always love Atrish

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016