Here's a picture of me from February of 2001 (playing a song at Becky and George's wedding)...interesting how time seems to circle back on itself. :)

Tonight I'm going to start work on another story - I love when ideas come my way rapid-fire; this one came to me on a long hike at the Dunes State Park (though the air was chilly, the sky looked tropical and my mind moved accordingly).

And now, for something completely different: the War on Iraq has cost American taxpayers (estimates vary) between two and three hundred billion dollars. Imagine what could have been done with that money. As I was riding my bike the other night, I had a vision of covered, heated, lighted bike paths. Sure, they'd be expensive, but think of how cool they would be! We could ride anywhere at any time - and I think you could cover, heat, and light every bike trail in America (and police them) for less than it's cost us to invade Iraq. Too bad all the money is in oil. I still ride everywhere most of the time, but it would be much cooler if I didnt have to wrap myself up like an Eskimo to do it.

Just a thought.

Patricia will be here in four days! (And there is much rejoicing.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You look like such a woman.

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016