On the cusp of morning, I dreamt of the lowforests.

Friday. Tired.

Tonight I shall sleep for a long, long time.

Last night, I rode my bike to the train station in East Chicago, took the train to the city, walked around downtown, ate at Elephant and Castle, saw the Art Institute and the changing trees of Millenium Park, took the train back to my bike, rode home, talked to Patricia until one, slept, woke up tired. I've been riding everywhere, at all hours - it's become a compulsion.

I saw Jeff and Erich and Adam this weekend - 'twas cool to hang out with the Purdue nerds again - and they got to at least talk with Patricia. Then on Sunday, I accompanied Jeremy and Meredith and Zack to their awesome hotel room by O'Hare and then to the Chicago Diner.

Chicago has assumed an odd importance to me lately - I love it in the fall. The wind keeps blowing me back there.

This week, I've been riding and writing and reading and all of that crap. I've been somewhat exhausted yet spiritually exaltant. I think that has something to do with being in love with the geeky hot girl from San Francisco...

And I wrote a story this week...I've been writing a lot, but this is the first fiction in awhile.

Tonight, I want to be alone again, so I can masticate repeatedly.

Fight maturity.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm writing to you and talking at the same time - I'm confused. I should hang up and let you sleep instead of making you listen to me breathe and mutter considering we're going on hour six - Well hello world and my darling Daniel! Love Patricia

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016