Light rises high over darkened hills/ Ghosts of summer flit and flicker still.

Just a quick update. I have to ride home, eat, and then ride back to school to judge the homecoming parade.

I had a fantastic weekend with Patricia. We stayed in a four star hotel (the Allegro) in the heart of the Loop Friday night, and walked around Michigan Ave. in the wee hour hush of Saturday morning. The next day we slept very late and lingered about the city, for she hadn't been there since she was four. We ate brunch in a British bar and grille and then made our way into the mysterious north, listening to radiohead and the fantastic new Neil Young album (amongst other things).

Patricia loves Neil Young, laughed a lot at the Sol Rosenberg Jerky Boys skits, wants to go backpacking, is gorgeous, loves cats, and is a nerd. She is definately the girl for me.

We spent the next two days at Governor Dodge State Park in western Wisconsin, where the panoramas were autumnal even if the weather was not. It was just wonderful to hike and laugh and sleep with such a kindred spirit. I wish I could convey how happy it made me, but I just can't.

We lingered too long in Wisconsin and she missed her flight back (by only a few minutes) and even though it cost an additional 100 dollars to leave the next day, we agreed that it was worth it to spend another night together. She got to see my classroom, meet Herbie, pet my bloated cats and talk with my parents.

And now she is gone, and I miss her. But, she's coming again in less than a month, and she'll get to meet all of my dorky friends.

So, all is well in the world of Daniel. And I get to see the Green Man (Jeremy) this weekend, for the first time in far too long a time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was at Borders tonight thinking you might be there, but alas you were not. Glad to see you had a great weekend. When will she be back? You should arrange it for my Halloween Party on the 29th.

Do it.

Do it now!
Dan said…
Alas, Patiricia is coming out on the 4th of November. She'll miss the huge nerd party...I mean cool guy party.

Last night, I was chaperoning a powder puff game. Splash. Fin.
Anonymous said…
Yeah, and you forgot to call me, you assneck!
Anonymous said…
Are you going to the Homecoming game? I have to go to pick up Flea and Nate!
Anonymous said…
Your time for the posting of this stuff sucks! It is 7:11 PM our time.

Popular posts from this blog

Lovely Jewels in Joy Designed