We're not living in our heads, but on the shore of muddy rivers.

Let's see if I can, for the moment, get out of my head and write something. It's been a day of creative introversion, but it's not been bad at all. I'm just a bit tired. I went to Farm Aid yesterday with Chris and Herbie and had an all around marvelous time. I went to hear Wilco and Neil Young, both of whom played gorgeous yet tragically short sets, but actually enjoyed everyone (though Kenny Chesney, whom the bulk of the crowd seemed to adore, went on for a VERY long time). We laughed a lot. It was one of the nicest concerts I've been to, in fact. There was a good, positive energy about things. Just got home too late.

Let's see...Saturday, I awoke to fantastic news. Patricia called to tell me she's coming out next week. I had mentioned my last post to her and told her I wished we could go camping when the autumn was at its peak, and she got the weekend off and bought tickets. So cool! We're going to stay at a hotel in Chicago Friday and then head up into Wisconsin Saturday morning. It makes me positively giddy. I get to see her twice in a month. :) We'll share the autumn after all.

And today is her birthday, so...happy birthday, Patricia!

Saturday night, I went with Adam and Herbie up to Chicago to see Broken Flowers, the Jim Jaramusch/ Bill Murray collaboration. I loved the slow, deliberate difficulty of the movie and the beautiful undertones...I adore movies that make you think. We ate at a Spanish restaurant (very swanky) at an outdoor table, and talked of the bigger things. I ended up riding home at 3 in the morning (though Herbie suggested I crash at his place) just because I felt so damn good about everything.

And Friday, I hung out with Rhonda, whom I'd not seen in months and months. We caught up on life and laughter in the chill of approaching autumn. It's good to reconnect with old friends. The people in my life are so damn positive! I've been talking to Randy (who came out to see me when I was in SF...very cool) and Adam about how good it is to share this positive energy. So many people stumble about, being boring. I soar around being boring - and then write huge accounts of it!

I'm so damn tired right now, but (to quote the lovely Patricia) it's the fatigue of accomplishment.
Tonight, I want to do nothing.

Can we lie
Forever entwined
Where the rivers converge
Beneath the pines
Can we laugh and talk and watch the moonlight on the wall
And fall asleep with no thought of the dawn?

Comments

ad said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Very humble to list your own novel on your favorites list, and next to work by William Faulkner no less.
Anonymous said…
Don't mention my name on your website. Jut use Ferdinand or something else. Giggity-giggity-giggity!
Anonymous said…
I hope you know that I am kidding, right?



No, really, I am!


Ranch!

Popular posts from this blog

Spring

Lovely Jewels in Joy Designed