(This is the song I opened with at the Muse in March. I just found the lyrics and thought they were blog-worthy. Enjoy!)

When I first caught your eyes
You were dancing through the trees
The rivers rolled and sighed
And gurgled to the sea

You floated like a ghost
Upon the morning’s mist
You were rainfall on the coast
You were lips that should be kissed

Lay me down on this hill and sing to me of storms
On the banks of this whispering rill, I’m reborn

In the span of sleepless hours
You filled my heart with hymns
In the silhouettes of towers
You made it bright again

I’ve lain with you in twilight
Under tin roofs loud with storms
I’ve dreamt with you in gaslight
And held you in my arms

Lay me down on this hill and sing to me of storms
On the banks of this whispering rill, I’m reborn

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love those lyrics. Words taken from every lovers heart.
Dan said…
Thanks, Paulie! I like the lyrics too. I am an amazing genius!

Popular posts from this blog

Work Smoothly, Lifetime Peace