Thank you, good evening, welcome!

I’ve been a sad, mopey little guy these last few days. Things feel better today, though, so that’s good. And it’s May!

Let’s see: Friday, I went with Adam and Chris to a Japanese restaurant and blew my nose about four thousand times. I slept for ten hours.

Saturday, Sophia, Adam and I went to the Tandoor (oh, how I had missed that place, that waystation of culture) and then to Sophia’s house where she showed us pictures of Costa Rica and Peru. It’s nice to meet a fellow traveler.

I recorded a song on my four track (one about traveling and onchoceraisis) and though the guitar is slightly out of tune and though my voice is as unspectacular as ever, there is an undeniable power to the demo, and I look forward to playing it live. I plan on doing another show in June, so save your five dollars.

And yesterday, I watched Boogie Nights with Chris. We talked about the larger issues for awhile and I felt better about things.

I’m so happy that I have friends who understand me. It lightens the load no end!

Tonight, I write. Off to the bending hills of forgotten islands.

Comments

Green Man said…
We haven't been talking enough. Let's remedy that. I am reading a really great book, watched a couple of good movies, and have some big ideas. I need to talk to a friend who understands, too (in addition to M).

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016