"Dominated by the need to feel safe, we lose our ability to venture and our world gradually becomes smaller and smaller . . . and so do we."

I'm not sure who said that, but it's awesome. I shall venture on, my world continually expanding...

I talked with Rhonda last night, the busiest of my friends. We got to discussing the big changes we’ve each made in our lives and how difficult they’ve been (and also how rewarding). What she’s done has taken a lot of strength and a lot of courage and I found it very inspiring, and it got me thinking about the people I hang out with. My friends are not afraid to take huge chances. They’ve realized that seeking only comfort and security, that staying with something just because it’s easy, is spiritually fatal. You have to take huge chances – if you hear the voices and see the visions, you can’t coast through life.

I want to move out this summer, and if it were only financial, I’d say that I’m going to for sure. But there are variables. I’m really leaning towards it, though, though it would mean that I’d have to work instead of living like a gypsy this summer. It’s time to move on and I know this.

Comments

Green Man said…
It's funny how you've managed to find a common group of people who have taken will keep taking the chances they need to take in a world that's so full of the lifeless. Maybe that says something about you, too.

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016