I have a cheesy song in my head: "If you leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of me/ Whoo-hoo-hoo." I heard it in Shaun of the Dead. That's the funniest movie maybe ever.

I was riding my bike through the autumnal vesper last evening, marvelling at the changing colors of the trees and the vast emptiness of the sky...and I realized that I was a modern day Ichabod Crane. I am a lanky, somwhat bumbling, somewhat dorky schoolmaster with a big nose, and was riding my bike furiously, trying to get home. I was waiting for the axe to drop.

Sarah and I are going to Galena this weekend. I look forward to travel, but have been so immersed in my routine that it seems odd that I'll be deviating from it. The colors should be at their peak.

I also saw "Supersize Me" over the weekend. I will NEVER eat fast food again. Except for Captain D's:

When you want some good food to put a smile on your face
Come to Captain D's, the great little seafood place.
Captain D's for you, Captain D's for me
When you want some good food, just say "Captain D's Please!"

Mmmmm...Captain D's.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This post went and got really ironic, through and through. Very very sad.

SP

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016