Is the same moon that I'm seeing
The one that throws your shadow down?
Is the same air that I'm breathing
The air that fills your fields with silver sound?

I know that I've not seen you
Or felt your lips' caress
Since a thousand moons have sunk down
Into a thousand beds

But do you recall
The broken winds of fall?
The hills that stretched forever
Beneath their blazing pall?

Working on a song in London, Ontario. The night is cold and feels like fall. The lights have just come on. I'm going to get dinner then amble downtown...

Last night I dreamt I knelt alone
On the margain of a glowing river
My breath danced out in plumes of cold
The autumn moon was just a sliver

A great sadness filled your eyes
And swam to me on whispering winds
And descended down full fathom five
Until I woke alone again

I know that you were with me
In the space before the dawn
Your flitting fingers shivered
Then were gone

Hey, do you recall
The dripping panes of fall?
The streetlit gleaming city
The chill of twilight's call?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016