Two trains wrecking into one another.
I know that places are haunted, but can songs be
haunted?
I am haunted. I am haunted by the vague notion that
things are ready to blow as soon as I touch flint to
steel. As soon as I plug in.
I love who I have become, but still feel the need to
bleed a bit. I've moved past the wonderful/horrible
self-destructive behavior that I had been engaging in,
but I honestly miss it. I want to break myself down,
I want to see what's there.
My mind has been humming like wires, alive and open,
receptive and engaged.
I've been having visions of lights in the darkness,
globes under trees that give the festival air,
lamplight inside rainy windows, tiffany lamps in quiet
diners in distant towns, searchlights from the horizon
on the lake. I have a very limited capacity for free
will right now, but am making the most. If my body is
chained to my earthly preoccupations, at least my mind
doesn't have to be.
Fall will roll in almost undetected, painting trees
and bleaching the moon. I feel so alive. It's such a
lonely time, but I think that I can now deal with it.
We've had a bad run, and have come through sane.

Let's start it new, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring

Lovely Jewels in Joy Designed