Already dead to me now cause it feels as though I'm watching something die
I've been listening to the new Beck album online. The three songs I've listened to have been filled with a windy desolation, a sadness so complete that it's unimaginable unless you listen to someone going through it. Like Mutations, this album wraps you in sadness and makes you feel warm in it, like it's okay to be sad. I just cried a little bit, sitting here in the computer lab, and I don't know if I've ever had that happen on a first listen. I just feel so affected right now. Rolling Stone called it "an entire album of spectacular suffering," and the best album Beck has ever made.
Anyone want to go with me to see him? I'll sell my cats to the research lab or something. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016