Are productivity and creativity mutually exclusive? I think that I have proven that this is not so. I've been busy but my mind has been hummin', quite alive with sound, but it's been nice. Usually when my mind's all active like this I get really antisocial, like there's too much goin' on in my brain and any input is too much. But now I feel very creative and explosively optimistic - and I've been getting things done. I bought a bunch of lame teacher pants at the Village yesterday, not my style at all, but one must make concessions to work in such a visual field. I've always thought that the flannel shirts and the Floyd t-shirts worked to my advantage as a teacher, but cest la vie.
It was nice buying clothes so cheap. Money and I are mutually exclusive.

Went camping at Clifty Falls with Michelle and Matt. We hiked until Matt was dead (about 400 feet), probably the most spectacular of all Indiana state parks. I wrote most of the description in letters to the reclusive Sarah (heh heh) and have no desire to write them again, but I will say that it just felt great hiking in the rain like a lunatic, my Indiana Jones fedora perched on my head - I was the Limestone Cowboy - and watching the streams distend from trickles and then plunge over the waterfalls. I felt renewed when I got back.

Been hanging out with Sarah a lot lately and it's been great. We both had a rough spell last week, looking towards the future with nothing but a bunch of half-cocked pessimism, but we've both recovered and have had fun. She's at a meeting at the Writing Center right now (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha). I am making money as well. I push play on the VCR, take attendance, and then read a Neil Young biography. I do that twice and make thirty dollars. Ah well ceahtainly miss subbin'.

Maybe Bo and I will make some more rock and roll this week. I hope so. (And Herbie got a new job!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring

Lovely Jewels in Joy Designed