Darkness lingers on
Actually I feel much better thank you. I don't feel needy today, my mind isn't the same swollen soup that it was yesterday. When you are down, everything is painted in those same down colors so even good things look bad. But I can see that, for whatever reason, I was awfully depressed yesterday, and today those feelings have gone, leaving me wondering.
I wrote most of the lyrics for a song I have been working on lately this morning and am mulling over two open mike nights this week, one at the Muse Cafe in Lansing on Thursday and one, if I get back from camping on time, on Sunday at La Rosa's in Hammond. The guitar is sounding better but I'm going to take it in tomorrow to see if I can get it shimmering again.
It's been a week without caffeine this is so boring i know i'm sorry and have been moving a bit more deliberately than normal, but I am here, on a Sunday, to work on my novel. I am pretty much done with part one, which rings in at about 120 pages, and I have to get that together.
I need a good laugh, that would really work wonders for me right now. Those have been in short supply. Someone tell me a joke or something. Or give me a hug, I don't smell, honest.
Sarah and I went, on Friday, to see About a Boy at the Town. It was really funny, and I like Hugh Grant a lot - in a platonic, only get to second base kind of way. Thursday went to the Schereville fair, again with Sarah, and ate drippy ice cream cones in the parking lot, surrounded by a bunch of teenagers. And yesterday, I went hiking at the best place in the world, Tippecanoe River State Park and had fun, for the most part. In a way I'm still kind of there. (My blood is floating around in many of the mosquitoes.) So things have been good, but some irksome part of me has spent the better part of the last 5 days convincing myself that they're not.

There is sclaff then scintillation
Blinding sun on the spillway
The floodwater rising
Giving birth to interred memories
In the thickheaded evening

Yep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016