Belly floppin' naked in a pool of yellow sweat Beck
Perhaps the greatest line in rock history. Nothing coherent is on the horizon, so read accordingly.
I've been reading (Poisonwood Bible, awesome, and Sound and the Fury, really awesome and Heart of Darkness, not into it enough yet to know.) And writing. (Up to page 50 in the novel but I think most of it is filler, shit. Must get inspired again.)
I just don't feel like writing right now. I subbed at the Middle School today after a glory-filled week-long Spring break, and rolled out flat; but I did have a good day, all things considered. The good weather is on the way, and I want to go camping. I wanna wanna wanna.
Neil Young's new album comes out today. I've only really heard Let's Roll which is awful, but Neil rushed it out as a tribute and Goin' Home.
Now...
What an unbelievable song. It is Neil with Crazy Horse, 9+ minutes, just beautiful. It makes me want to drive into Nebraska or somewhere where the Indian ghosts still make noise on the sky and the clouds take on new dimension, where the roads lead always to consequence and never to nowhere, and you just roll with the thunderheads accordingly.
Sarah just called. She won 2 awards in the Purdue Literary Awards contest. That's quite an honor - a huge contest.
So...
I like the bells and whistles of the other sites. I'll jump in for a bit.
Consumed by:My novel, my sideburns (literally)
Badass Du Jour:Sarah Peterson, Neil Young, the Cubrants Staff, Jon Lieber
Worthy Quote:If you don't buy things you can't justify, life becomes nothing but a dreary march to death. Robin Roosevelt
Current Music: Beck, Mellow Gold, Tonight - Are You Passionate?
Current Mood:Passionate
And I want some comments. They are fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016