Today it seems that life is getting in the way dreams.
Lonesome for some reason.
I dreamt last night that my brother came back and he told me that he had been out on the road, traveling like I do, and had just returned from London, Ontario. Weird. My dad thinks his in Tampa. ?
It's been a good, tired time lately, blurry and happy, fighting the weather and the clock.
I tell you what. Let's not fight either anymore, okay? I rode my bike today, even though the weather is nothing special even if this were January, but because I have been fatigued and lethargic. Last night I was more tired than I've been ever. I couldn't function.
I looked up Rowan Oak (the Oxford, Mississippi home of William Faulkner until his demise in '62.) Beautiful. Stately, pre-Civil War sturucture, surrounded by shady gardens and old oaks, towering and stately, everything green and warm. Today is not positive. Today I've been fighting the wind that's blowing me in a dozen directions, today I woke late and barely started, grinding myself out the door rather than flowing towards it, but today I got to watch a bit of the Cubs game and how wonderful is it to see baseball again!
Why am I so down all of a sudden?
It's been passing and coming all day, like the wind that I fought for 10 miles. But it should gently nudge me homeward.
Sarah and I went to the Tandoor last night and ate one of the best meals. She spent $32 bucks, which I wasn't happy about, but she's so stubborn I couldn't reason with her. (A very meek thank you again Sarah.) But I got the consolation prize - paying the 11 bucks for the movie. We saw Ice Age and I really enjoyed it. Very formulaic (Shrek meets Monster's Inc.) but it was funny and sad and a very entertaining hour and a half. Seldom are Sarah and I as traditional as a dinner and a movie, but it was a good end to a long week.
And now I feel down. And I can't shake it. (Sara J., your candor is so refreshing, I thought I'd try some of it.) I feel like February won't let go, and I just wanna, I dunno, write a great novel or something. But I'll settle for a rambling post.
Fuck.
And I'll feel better in about 10 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016