I'm writing a bit under the spell of Faulkner, so if nothing makes sense...I'm at the high school, it's early, I'm drinking a Pepsi, I've got "No Shelter" by Rage Against the Machine in my head, and I'm afraid that I haven't much to say. I feel good, though. Sarah and I have been a lot closer, and we're talking about going to Canada over our spring break. We went to Borders on Saturday and looked at pictures of Montreal, and the huge domed Notre Dame Cathedral there, and some of the old city centre houses, and I got that familiar ringing in the ears that always comes with traveling. I am such a traveler, it's in me more than anything, and Sarah shows some of the same symptoms. Wonderful. And last night we looked at pictures of Saskatchewan and the Smokies and Cumberland Gap and I got that ache to just do it all again. As I lay down to sleep, I remembered things like smelling the mountain laurel in North Carolina and watching the sun glint off huge, anvil shaped clouds in Prince Albert National Park.
I went to Purdue on a whim on Friday; watched Raging Bull and took Adam out to Denny's for his birthday. :) I also gave him his belated Christmas present - a Jeff Blauser jersey. For those of you who don't know, Blauser is Adam's hero. He even writes him letters. (Look for a serious rebuttal
on his website.) And we talked about the Cubrants website, where we are expecting many hits a day. The picture of me with the huge chops is quite becoming (and strangely prophetic?)
I'm excited about the Cubs. Kerri Wood could win 25 this year, and with Sosa/Alou/McGriff in the middle, with Hundley lurking, we will put up some runs. I'll save it for Cubrants, so I don't alienate my readers.
And Sunday, my dad and I played catch in the yard for the 16th straight year. How my life goes by. Nothing has changed except my arm has gotten better and his has gotten worse. But we are both very sore.
Look outside. Rising like a ghost is the spectre of a day, stretching its limbs and yawning through the haze.
Rad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016