I'm afraid I haven't much to say.
The ice on the lakes is thickening again.
The clouds are big tonight, hanging out over the mills. (I took a walk.)
I've been struggling to dispel the thought that my life is building towards something and focus more on the present. I don't want to spend all of my time building. I want to love where I am now, this is what it's built to. I've vague notions of greatness after graduation, but why not feel that greatness now? After graduation, I know that I'll miss college and the readily available friendships that surround me, and the constant social interchanges, and I'll look back and wonder why I was ever in a hurry for it to end.
Things are good right now. Amazing even.
We spend all of our youth preparing to go out and conquer the world, and all of our old age pining for our youth. If we're lucky, we lead a comfortable existence and learn to rediscover the wonder every day and we keep our passion, like my mom. If we're not, we end up like my dad, at one time a brilliant free-spirit who now spends his time looking out the window and mumbling about the neighbors.
Wow. I guess I had something to say after all. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring

Lovely Jewels in Joy Designed