Here we go. I realized that I've posted but once in the last month and a half. SO much has happened, I don't know where to start. I guess that's good, as it means that my life is full. Right now I am at the high school, on my planning period, drinking an Aquafina and staring out over melancholy January skies. I feel great today. I've already written nearly three pages of a story, and I feel rested and creative. I haven't had a pop in 4 days, and my energy has gone crazy. Just ask Sarah about our phone conversation last night. Whoo...

I found out Monday that my financial aid, aid that I had been counting on, has been cancelled forever. The financial aid office, in the true spirit of magnanimy, did offer to extend my payment deadline a whole two weeks. Yippee. I already have $1.26, so I only need $2,707.74 and I'm all squared away. The letter was pretty devastating, but...it really doesn't have to be. I've been meaning for some time to get control of myself and limit my exterraneous spending, and now I've been given the opportunity to do so. I wouldn't call it an opportunity, more like a necessity, but the fact remains. It is time to trim the spiritual fat, get back to living a little more within my means. In celebration of my new resolution, I went out and bought a HUGE TV. Ha ha.

I've been watching movies the last couple of days. Yesterday I saw Slingblade, with Billy Bob Thorton. My God is that an incredible movie, one of the best I've ever seen, sort of Indie in nature, but moving in many different ways with a mindblowing soundtrack. Herbie got me to watch Gladiator, which was also amazing, though it's not necessarily from my genre of choice. And I finally saw Office Space, one of the wittiest and most intelligent movies I've seen yet. I'm still laughing. Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

Over the weekend, before the debacle that is my financial life came to light, Sarah, Colleen, and I went to Turkey Run. We stayed in the inn, ate at the overpriced buffet, and hiked almost every trail. I got to play my new guitar, a beautiful Washburn, and work on growing my winter beard (which Sarah loves, despite what she tells me and everyone else.) :) It was very relaxing. Fun, good vibes. I want to go back. This working stuff isn't for me. The kids will be back in less than half an hour. Sob.

I've been reading Hemingway lately. Papa, thou art brilliant. I love his style, even if he was a wife-beating alcoholic. He can send you to a different place in one sentence.
What else? I'm supposed to jam with the band (Bo, Kerri, Brian) again this weekend. I like the name Twisted Face, which is an old Indian spirit.

Time to roll, as I'm rambling and have lost my inspiration (but not before I've turned out almost a whole story!)
I need a pop! :)















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovely Jewels in Joy Designed

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016