Another semester starts anew. I am in such a different frame of mind than I was at the beginning of last semester. I still feel apprehensive about some things, but there is a larger, kinder energy about me. It's nice. I have to go work at the Writing Center in an hour or so. I don't like having 4 hours free in the middle of the day, but I don't look forward to filling them in this way, so I'll just probably complain and do it anyway.
But...
This will be a good semester. Can you feel that energy? It's like everything that has been down for so long is coming back up again, after the WTC attacks and all that noise, and those who are receptive to it should take advantage. The sky is perfect today, gray and rolling, with just the hint of something bigger and better on the horizon. Rain is pattering on the windows as I write.
I played with the band last night, again. I like Twisted Face, Kerri likes Pangea...we'll see. We sounded amazing at times, very focused and melodic, and, at Bo's urging, I reigned in some of the jams. It was much better than our last practice, where I was so down I was almost leaning on my guitar for support. This one was all smiles, probably because I have opened myself up to whatever cometh. There are still wisps of black that snake out when I least expect them, but generally things have been more and more up.
The supercell spins and the first electric winds blow my pain away/ Spin the weathervane.
Sarah is learning to play the guitar. Hopefully she'll go on our first world tour with us. :)
Happy Birthday Herbie and Joy! 25 and 21, respectively.
I'm actually excited to have a new day-planner. Maybe I'm just a fuck-up (like Neil sings in Year of the Horse) but that's alright. :))
I'm broke, but that's fine.
Because hugs are free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016