I feel swept up in great currents and undercurrents, like something huge is gonna happen (or is happening.) My mind feels like it's tied to a post and wants to break away, but sadly my body is lagging behind. My allergies have been KILLING me. I felt better last night, even though I couldn't talk at all, but then I coughed all last night and so far today. I think I'm gonna just cut my losses and decapitate myself. Ugh...
Man, did I sound horrible last night. Sarah and Angie both laughed at my hoarse attempts at verbalization, and rightly so. I sounded like the teenager from the Simpsons. "Keep watching the skis....ahhhh, skies." Ha ha. It was good hanging out with Sarah again - it'd been awhile since I'd seen her. We traded pictures and just talked for a couple hours (well, she talked, I just kinda made rasping noises). She wrote in her post that we found fun in the most potentially horrible situations on our trip, and that is so true. Sometimes you just need to laugh, and I'm glad I've found someone who shares that philosophy. Actually, I've met several who do. I have awesome friends.
I wish I could talk, and sing, and laugh, but sadly I cannot, so this post will have to serve as the vehicle of release for awhile. My semester starts soon, and for some reason I can't wait. Sarah and I have a class together (cool) with Colin, my favorite professor, one who always manages to bring the Simpsons into his lectures. It will be fun.
I'm going backpacking this weekend with Jeremy down in southern Indiana. I really hope I feel better. It's been far too long since I've hoisted the pack of ignorance on my back and set out to do a little crapping in the woods. That just puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?
Still under the spell a bit, I suppose.
"Good to see you, good to see you again
Good to see your face again, good to see you." - Neil Young

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keynote Address to the Calumet High School Class of 2016